Do you love space exploration and the rich history of this area? Do you have experience or an interest in food, history, and tourism? Do you want to work in an exciting, upbeat and rewarding company environment? If you answered yes to any of these, you might want to consider working as a tour guide for Village Food Tours! Submit your resume and start the process towards becoming a knowledgeable guide for the Space Coasts premier walking tour!
What’s important to us:
- Customer Service
- Great Work Environment
What We Offer:
Competitive pay, training and advancement opportunities
Great company perks, such as discounted tours, family discounts, fun events, and discounts at select restaurants.
Join a team of professionals who love what they do, love the product and love working for a company that sells fun!
Is a position in a dynamic tourist environment focused on customer satisfaction. A guide provides a fun, informative tour. They provide for the comfort and excitement of the customer’s experience while delivering information and history of the Space Coast, food and venues featured on the tour. They are safety minded with the guest’s health and comfort at all times.
- Basic understanding of the guide position.
- Able to perform the following Guide fundamentals in a satisfactory manner:
- Conducts tours in a professional manner
- General understanding of our operating plan
- General understanding/working knowledge of tour scheduling and tour rotation
- Reads and follows manifest to ensure attendance accuracy, allergies warnings, and dietary restrictions.
- Reviews/Refreshes knowledge from training and pursues ongoing learning and education of the tour script.
- Professional and effective communication across departments to ensure maximum tour efficiency.
- Displays a positive, friendly and professional attitude in all interactions with customers, fellow employees, citizens, competitors, restaurant/venue staff, and management.
- Maintains an average to above average attendance record.
- Respects and follows company policies and procedures.
- Takes constructive feedback in a respectful manner and applies it.
- Be available to work up to 12 hours/day with up to 10 hours of tour time.
- Maintain efficient, daily contact and communication with the restaurant reservation staff to assure a timely tour.
- Internal and External Customer satisfaction: Village Food Tours values customer feedback.
- Reliability/availability – good attendance record, willing to work varying shifts
- Quality of tour: Postive guest interaction, knowledge of the experience, fun.
- Safety – follows all pedestrian laws(ensures guest do as well), Knowledge of food allergens, and basic food safety
- Ongoing educational pursuits to enhance interpretive and informational skills.
Qualifications & Essential Requirements
- Applicant must be of 21 years of age
- Effective communication skills: energetic, outgoing, entertaining speaker.
- Team player that is self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Experience enthusiast with an interest in food, history, space exploration, and the local community.
- Able to endure weather extremes in a physical-oriented job.
- Able to have flexible scheduling to accommodate tours.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly to provide quality customer service.
- Be able to remain calm and effective when dealing with emergencies that may be encountered.
|Training Pay||$30 per tour during 4-6 week training period|
|After Successful Completion Of Training||Part Time Position at $15/Hour + Gratuities|